Short Courses and Conferences
31st Oil Shale Symposium
October 17 - 21, 2011
Fees and Registration
The registration fee for the 31st Oil Shale Symposium ranges from $200 to $600 USD, depending upon the date of registration, duration of attendance, and the classification of the attendee.
The registration fee for the Field Trip ranges from $425 to $450 USD, depending upon the date of registration.
Full information is available on the Online Registration Form. Access the Online Registration Form
The registration fee for the Symposium includes:
- Symposium admission
- Continental breakfasts and refreshments at breaks
- Lunches on Tuesday and Wednesday
- Reception on Tuesday evening
- One copy of Proceedings on compact disc
The registration fee for the Field Trip includes:
- Transportation by motor coach (depart and arrive Colorado School of Mines campus)
- Breakfast on Friday, lunches on Thursday and Friday (no dinners are provided)
- One night double-occupancy lodging
You may register online by clicking the 'Register' button below.
The button above is for Symposium registration only. Exhibitors must use a different registration form.
On-Site registration is highly discouraged; however, it will be available for those who are unable to firm up their plans until the program begins. On-site registrations will be charged an additional $50. There is no on-site registration available for the field trip.
Cancellation and Attendee Substitution Policy
Any modification, including cancellation, of your registration requires written notice that must be emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org) or faxed (303.277.8683) to the SPACE Office. The following information applies:
- Attendee substitutions may be made without cost penalty at any time up to the date of the start of the event.
- Cancellations of Symposium registrations will be accepted if notice of cancellation is received at the SPACE Office in accordance with the dates specified below:
- on or before September 23, 2011: an 80% refund will be issued
- between September 24 and September 30: a refund of 50% will be issued
- after September 30: no refund will be issued
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations of Field Trip registrations.
Field Trip Policies
Participation in the October 20-21 Field Trip is limited to the first 40 individuals who register and remit the applicable fees. Additional registrants will be placed on a Wait List in the order received, and will be notified if and when space becomes available.
The Field Trip generally fills quickly; therefore, early registration is recommended. If you register for the Field Trip and then cancel your registration, NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN.