Short Courses and Conferences
2014 IEEE Conference on Reliability Science for Advanced Materials and Devices
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
September 7 - 9, 2014
2013 RSAMD Program
February 24-25, 2013, Golden, Colorado
Colorado School of Mines
Last year, the first IEEE Conference on Reliability Science for Advanced Materials and Devices (RSAMD) was held after more than a year of planning led by Conference Chair Carole Graas, and David Albin, the Technical Program Chair. The conference, which took place on February 24 and 25, 2013, was a success, with lectures, a plenary session, and a thematic session. The emphasis for the first year of this conference was to bridge the gap between traditional semiconductor and photovoltaic module reliability science. Below is a list of topics and participants from the 2013 conference. We look forward to the second edition of RSAMD.
Sarah Kurtz (NREL) – Strategies for PV Reliability: History, Progress, and Current Status
Bill Tonti (IEEE) – "IEEE Future Directions: A view into where the IEEE is headed"
Plenary Contributed Session
- C.1 Robert Dean (Auburn University) – "A Toolbox Approach to Reliability Integrating MEMS Gyroscopes into Harsh Acoustic and Vibration Environments"
- C.2 Wei Zhang (Hewlett-Packard) – "Critical Fault Path Management in Architecture Design"
- C.3 Javaneh Mohseni (Georgia Institute of Technology) – "Reliability Challenges of FinFET and Other Multi-Gate MOSFETs"
- P.1 Shawn Adderly (IBM) et al – "The Effect of Etch Residuals on Via Reliability"
- P.2 David Albin (NREL) – "A Capacitance Hysteresis Measurement Technique for Predicting Voc Stability in CdS/CdTe Solar Cells"
- P.3 Bruce Gittleman (ITN Energy Systems) – "Advanced X-Ray Diffraction Metrology as Means of Improving Semiconductor Device Reliability"
- P.4 Mingte Lin (United Microelectronic Corp.) et al. – "Electrical Conduction Effect on Reliability of Low-k Dielectric in Cu Interconnect"
- P.5. Mukherjee (Vanderbilt University) et al. – "Degradation Prediction for AIGaN/GaN HEMTs"
- P.6 Prakash Perisamy (Colorado School of Mines) et al. – "Metal/Insulator Interfacial Analysis via Photoemission Spectroscopy"
- L.1 Patrick Lenahan (Pennsylvania State University) – "The Physical and Chemical Nature of Defects Which Dominate the Bias Temperature Instability"
- L.2 Victor Karpov (University of Toledo) – "Nonuniformity Effects on Reliability of Thin Film Photovoltaics"
- L.3 Juan Carlos Madeni (Diamond Materials Technology, Inc.) – "Mechanical Failure Mode and Mechanisms"
- L.4 Allen Zielnik (Atlas/Ametek) – "Environmental durability testing of terrestrial photovoltaic flat plate modules"
Paul Ho (University of Texas at Austin) – "Development of Reliability Physics for Microelectronics – Case Study: Electromigration in Interconnects"
- S1.1 Muhammad A. Alam (Purdue University) – "On the University of Negative Bias Temperature Instability"
- S1.2 Xiaohong Gu(NIST) – "Effects of Simultaneous UV Radiation, Temperature, and Moisture on Degradation of PV Polymers"
- S2.1 Chris Henderson (Semitracks) – "Failure Analysis Techniques for a 3D World"
- S2.2 Corey Cochrane (Pennsylvania State University) – "A New Technique for the Study of Atomic Scale Mechanisms in Reliability Physics: Zero Field Spin Dependent Transport"
- S3.1 Mike Stowell (ITN Energy Systems) – "Large area thin film coating disposition process compromises and theirs effects on product reliability in electronic components"
- S3.2 Michael Kempe (NREL) – "PV Module Design Requirements"
Jim Lloyd (SUNY Albany CNSE) – "Statistics of Failure"