Registration for RMS ASEE 2020
You can use this website to register for the upcoming Rocky Mountain Section ASEE 2020 Conference. The website provides information about the types of registration available and information on Conference options, workshops, and excursions. Please be aware that reduced registration fees are available for those who register early. Also, please note that the last day to register is May 12, 2020.
The basic registration fees for faculty members and teachers and for students are listed below. Most Conference options, such as workshops and excursions, are available at no cost — although limits may exist on the number of attendees who can be accommodated in each workshop or excursion. Early registration is highly recommended to ensure that you are able to participate in the workshop(s) and/or excursion of your choice.
Registration fees for faculty and teachers
Early registration (by March 19, 2020) • $150.00 (USD)
Registration (March 20 - April 20, 2020) • $200.00 (USD)
Late registration (after April 20, 2020) • $250.00 (USD)
Registration fees for students
Early registration (by March 19, 2020) • $50.00 (USD)
Registration (March 20 - April 20, 2020) • $60.00 (USD)
Late registration (after April 20, 2020) • $100.00 (USD)
[Verification of student status will be required at check-in.]
Each registration includes the following:
- Admittance to the Conference
- Breakfast and lunch on Monday, May 18
- Breakfast and lunch on Tuesday, May 19
- Participation in optional pre-conference workshops on Sunday, May 17
- Participation in optional excursions on Tuesday, May 19
We invite you to join us for the following special events. We have included a nominal fee to encourage attendance.
- Sunday Reception Dinner (May 17)
Join us for an official welcome and orientation to the Conference. Cost for registered Conference attendees is $10.00 (USD). Guests are welcome at $90.00 (USD) per guest.
- Monday Keynote Dinner (May 18)
Join us for an evening of celebrating engineering education at The Rose Event Center in downtown Golden. Cost includes appetizers, main course, dessert, and one drink ticket. Cost for registered Conference attendees is $10.00 (USD). Guests are welcome at $90.00 (USD) per guest.
Abstracts of presentations to be made in the workshops are available from an online dropbox at the web link below:
Space may be limited in the workshops. Please respect other Conference attendees; if you register for a workshop, be sure you attend. All workshops occur on Sunday, May 17.
4-hour workshops :: 1:00 - 4:50 PM
- Increasing Diversity and Community Participation toward Justice in Engineering
- WRNA Microbit Workshop 2020 (Western Regional Noyce Alliance)
- Mines as Text
2-hour workshops :: 1:00 - 2:50 PM
- Creating Inclusive Classroom Environments
- Demystify Rubrics
2-hour workshops :: 3:00 - 4:50 PM
- From Covering Content to Engineering Learning: Introduction to a Design Approach to Teaching
- What is "Engineering For Doing Good" good for?
Descriptions of the optional excursions are available from an online dropbox at the web link below:
All excursions occur on Tuesday, May 19, and each is limited to 20 participants. Please respect other Conference attendees; if you register for an excursion, be sure you attend.
- Guided Geology Museum Tour :: 2:00 – 3:00 PM
- Guided Geology Tour of Mines Campus :: 2:00 – 3:00 PM
- ADAPT Center/Research Lab Tour :: 2:00 – 3:00 PM
- Edgar Experimental Mine Tour :: 1:30 – 2:30 PM
Requires travel to Idaho Springs, Colorado.
Cancellation and Attendee Substitution Policy
Any modifications, including cancellation, of a registration requires written notice that must be emailed (Learn@mines.edu) or faxed (303.384.2695) to Continuing and Professional Education Services (CPES) at Colorado School of Mines. The following information applies:
- Attendee substitutions may be made without cost penalty at any time up to the date of the start of the event.
- Cancellation of registrations will be accepted if notice of cancellation is received at the CPES office in accordance with the dates specified below:
- Cancellations received on or before April 1, 2020: an 80% refund will be issued
- Cancellations received on or before April 17, 2020: a refund of 50% will be issued
- Cancellations received after May 13, 2020: no refund will be issued
In general, cancellations are possible until a specified date, and the amount of refund available is determined by how far in advance of the event the cancellation is made. If you want to remove something from your registration or if you must change the basic registration level, you must contact the CPES office (Learn@mines.edu or 303.384.2690).
If you are making a change in your registration that requires the involvement of the CPES office and that results in an increase in the registration's cost, you will be given instructions for remitting the additional amount. If your change results in a decrease in the registration's cost, a refund of the amount will be credited to your credit/debit card if you paid using a card, or will be sent to you by mailed check if you paid by wire transfer or check.
First and foremost, if you do not feel comfortable enough to drive, please don't! Your safety is important to us. You can check on campus weather closures through the Mines' main switchboard at 303.273.3000 or Mines homepage at www.mines.edu. In addition, the following media outlets will be notified: Radio - 850 KOA, TV - KWGN Channel 2, KCNC Channel 4, KMGH Channel 7, KUSA Channel 9, and KDVR FOX 31.
Notification emails will be sent through the conference management system, ExOrdo, advising if inclement weather is expected/occurs.
Conference fees will be refunded for the day(s) of a campus weather closure.